“I bought a The Dash-Board and the Platinum Accessories Bundle and received it about February 20th. After only 2 1/2 months of experience with the Dash-Board, I wouldn’t want to be without it.
Because I own 2 MFT’s and have built a modified Paulk bench (3 feet x 6 feet), I was reluctant to buy another bench. After watching the videos at dashboardpws.com, I was most impressed and jumped at the offer to buy an early unit. It’s obvious that the Dash-Board was designed by a carpenter; all the frustrations I have experienced with other benches have been worked out.
Here’s what I love most:
- It is rock-solid with no wobble.
- All four legs are adjustable to easily set it up on uneven ground.
- The door/panel supports make it effortless to put doors at a comfortable working height for mortising hinges.
- The fence provides continuous support of the stock, even directly behind the rail. (This is true as long as the stock is 3/16 of an inch or thicker. The guide rail support hinge needs to be lowered for stock less than 3/16 of an inch.)
- The guide rail hinge and front support is a precisely machined marvel. The guide rail support bracket and hinge is also available separately for homemade benches.
- Setting up the guide rail to be square to the fence couldn’t be simpler. It literally takes only a few seconds and requires no fuss. I found it to be 100% dead on. Rob Schumacher (mastermind behind the Dash-Board) has developed an ingenious method for squaring the fence.
- It is lightweight, about 60 pounds, and has a large work surface, 92 x 24 inches. I’m a tall, skinny guy and I have no difficulty moving it around.
Rob Schumacher is a model entrepreneur. He has high integrity and offers first-class support for the Dash-Board and is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
In summary, I highly recommend everyone who is interested in a high-performance workbench to check out the Dash-Board. I have a very well-equipped workshop, and the Dash-Board is undoubtedly one of the best investments I’ve made in tools.
Disclosure: I paid full price for my Dash-Board and have no financial interest. I did not know Rob until I bought a Dash-Board. The reason behind this post is simply because I have found this bench to be such a solid improvement to my workflow, and I highly recommend it to all those routinely working with wood.”